If you hold an international qualification, before starting the application process please make sure you have completed the pre-evaluation procedure and that you have all the requirements for international students.
If you have a disability or an SLD (specific learning disability), you can request support for the admission test (when required) and specific support services during your studies.
Admission to the degree programme in Philosophy, International and Economic Studies is subject to the possession of one of the following qualifications:
- five-year high school diploma;
- four-year high school diploma with supplementary year; in case of absence of the supplementary year, admission to the degree programme is subject to the assessment of the competent Teaching College;
- European Baccalaureate title (or European high school licence) obtained in European Schools located in Italy.
Furthermore admission is of limited access and requires candidates to pass a test: enrolment will be influenced by the candidate’s position on the ranking list.
For access, moreover, certificated understanding of English language at level B2, at least, is required.
For the Academic year 2023/2024 there are two sessions for selection: one in spring and one in summer.
All the specific information on the process of pre-registration, selection and matriculation are included in the call for applications.
The admission process for the spring selection is as follows:
- online registration, if you have never been enrolled at Ca’ Foscari;
- online enrolment for the admission test;
- carrying out the admission test and being put on the ranking list;
- place acceptance and payment of the pre-enrolment fee;
- online enrolment and payment of the first tax instalment and the university tuition fees.
If you are a candidate with a disability or with DSA, you can make use of individualized procedures for taking the test: all the specific information on the available assistance is in the admission announcement and on the services for disabled and DSA students webpage; the request is present during the online registration.
Registering for the admission test for the summer selection process will be carried out from 15th March until 12pm on 18th April 2023.
The procedure is completely online and requires the following steps:
- Registration on the University website;
- Access the Personal Area of the website with your SPID account and selection "Admission test".
Once you have concluded the pre-registration process you will receive a confirmation email to the email address stated in the registration process.
Participation in the admissions test requires the payment of a tuition fee totalling 30.00 Euros, that is paid after having completed the online enrolment procedure, selecting the ‘payments’ button.
The payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system.
The admission test will be carried out remotely on Friday April 28th 2023.
The details regarding how this will occur at and what time will be communicated via email a few days before the closure of the registration period.
Please note that in order to take the entry test you will need to have the following:
- a personal computer;
- a smartphone or tablet;
- an internet connection via Wi-Fi or a smartphone.
All of the guidelines and technical requirements are communicated in this video [ITA] about taking the test.
Verifying linguistic understanding
English language at level B2, at least, will be verified from the moment of enrollment through the possession of certificates or possible titles: see the specific web page to consult the list of linguistic certificates and cases of exemption.
If you do not have it you cannot enroll.
Place acceptance of successful candidates placed on the ranking list will be carried out by 11th May 2023: according to what is required on the selection announcement.
The procedure for accepting a place on the course involves two steps:
- Completion of the enrolment application form online;
- Payment of the pre-enrolment fee: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system by pressing the payment button that will generate upon completion of the online enrolment application form. The pre-enrolment fee will not be reimbursed in any circumstance.
If you do not pay before the deadline indicated above, you will lose the right to enrol: for questions on any aspect of the process, please send a request by accesing the link: www.unive.it/faqsforstudents before the deadline.
If you have accepted your place correctly in the spring session you will be enrolled between the 3rd July and the 31st July 2023.
The enrolment procedure involves two steps:
- Updating the enrolment application online;
- Paying the first instalment of tuition fees: the payment must be carried out using the PagoPA system by pressing the payment button that will generate upon completion of the online enrolment application form. The first instalment of tuitions will not be reimbursed in any circumstance.
If you do not pay before the deadline indicated above, you will lose the right to enrol: if you have trouble with any aspect of the process, please send a request by accessing this link: www.unive.it/faqsforstudents before the deadline.
Enrolment with ECTS Accreditation
In order to enrol with credit recognition, make the internal transition or transfer from another university, you must ask for the evaluation of the exams already taken and the release of the credits recognition sheet.
For admission to the year following the first, in addition, you have to be assigned a place: all the information is published in the final part of this page.
Enrolment with credits recognition
You may enrol in a Degree Programme requesting accreditation for the following previous studies and training activities:
- Bachelor/Master's Degrees, or Master's Diplomas;
- incomplete University studies as a result of withdrawal, lapsed status;
- single courses;
- Internship/traineeships/previous employment;
- simultaneous enrolment.
The year of enrolment is determined on the basis of the number of University Credits (CFU) you have been awarded:
- Up to 47: admission to 1st year. You are required to sit for the Admission test. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2023/2024.
- From 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year. You will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You also need to verify you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements (Obblighi Formativi Aggiuntivi – Additional Learning Requirements) at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2022/2023.
- From 108 or more you will need to apply for a place as well as the requirements specified in the respective Calls of Admission. You also need to verify that you have the prerequisite basic knowledge and that you satisfy the OFA requirements at the time of enrolment. You will not be able to sit for exams until these requirements have been met in full. All information can be found on the OFA pages on the ‘Study’ drop-down menu. You will refer to the study plan for the a.y. 2021/2022.
Enrolment with recognition of credits is subject to the fee payment of 300.00 euros. The payment invoice will be provided upon confirmation of enrolment.
You are not obliged to pay if you request credit transfer from activities undertaken previously at Ca' Foscari (for example single courses) if the code of the lectures corresponds to that required by the study plan. In the case that some lectures do not fall among those indicated in the study plan, and are thus entered as free exams, you will be have to pay the fee of 300.00 euros.
Enrolment with credit recognition is not allowed to students concurrently enrolled in another University course and for which suspension has been requested.
Intra-university transfer and transfer from another university
The year of enrolment is established according to the number of university credits (ECTs) recognised:
- up to 47: admission to 1st year of the programme. No intra-university transfers /transfers from another university are permitted during the first year of limited admission study programme. You are required to sit to the admission test and, if you obtain a place on the shortlist, withdraw from the study programme in which you are enrolled and re-enrol again;
- from 48 to 107: admission to 2nd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and check any possible indications specified in the relative Call for Admissions. Furthermore, you must ensure that you possess the basic understanding specified for each study programmes and have fulfilled all outstanding OFA requirements at the moment of enrolment; you will not be able to take any exams until they are fulfilled. You can find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs located in the Study menu;
- from 108 and above: admission to 3rd year of the programme. You will need to apply for a place and any possible indications specified in the respective Calls for application. Furthermore, you must verify that you possess the basic understanding required for each study programme, as well as having fulfilled any OFAs at the moment of registration: you will not be able to take any exams until they have been fulfilled. You will find all the information on the page dedicated to OFAs in the Study menu.
There are two deadlines for requesting the issue of the record, to be used in the procedure for assigning the place in a year following the first:
- from 2nd May to 26th June 2023;
- by 21st August 2023.
If you enrol in the first year, however, you will have to request the form at least 15 days before the enrolment deadline, as specified in the call for applications: in fact, when filling in the enrolment application, you will have to attach the approved form.
For recognition of your academic career, you must contact Humanistic Campus service.
You are required to submit:
- a signed self-certification form listing exams. Please indicate for each exam: the name of the Course of study and class, the name of the University, the name of individual exams taken with their scientific area and weight in credits, the mark and the exam date. Please verify if self-certification is available in your University Reserved Area: if it is not available or, if all the required data is not listed, you may use the forms on this page;
- any exam programmes in your possession.
Requests for accreditation are to be submitted to the Campus which will then be subject to evaluation by the Teaching Committee. Once approved, the Accreditation Form will be sent to you via e-mail. Please remember to sign the form.
|Self-certification form of the educational qualifications achieved/exams taken||10.45 M|
|Self-certification form of withdrawal/forfeiture from studies and exams taken [ITA]||5.11 M|
Warning! For the request for internal transfer there is no need to attach the self-certification. However, remember to report any exams that are not yet recorded.
Please note that it is not possible for you to fill in the credit recognition form on your own, unless you require the recognition of exams previously taken at Ca’ Foscari; in this case, the exams must have the same course code listed on the study plan of the programme in which you are enrolling (e.g. recognition of single courses taken at Ca’ Foscari).
Credit recognition Forms
Assignment of the place for enrolment in a year following the first year
In case of recognition of over 47 CFU, you will have to apply for a place: admission to a year following the first of a limited -access programme is in fact subject to the availability of places.
- For the places available published on 15th June 2023
- application for a place: from 10th July to 13th July 2023
- publication of the ranking: 21st July 2023
- For the places available published on 10th August 2023
- application for a place: from 29th August to 31st August 2023
- publication of the ranking: 5th September 2023
The ranking will be drawn up on the basis of the evaluation of the CV and motivation letter.
In the event of successful application, for the first round, you will have to complete the enrolment or transition by 31st July 2023, under penalty of losing the assigned place. If you request clearance for transfer from another university, however, you will receive all the instructions by e-mail.
To apply for a place for the first round, you must log in to the reserved area, select the "Evaluation test" and choose "Ammissione agli anni successivi al primo dei corsi ad accesso programmato". The procedure will be open from July 10th 2023.
You must attach:
- your credits recognition sheet;
- self-certification of having taken the exams for which you have been awarded credits;
- your CV;
- a motivation letter;
- an identity document.
Warning! The procedure allows you to submit the application, in order of preference, for a maximum of three courses: if you enter more than one preference, you will have to attach the credit recognition sheet for each chosen course.
If you have never been a student at Ca’ Foscari you will have to:
- register on the website;
- access your personal area using your SPID account.
Last update: 22/03/2023