ISEE and benefits application
Tuition fees for BA and MA degrees - a.y. 2022/2023
In order to apply for the benefits for the right to education for the a.y. 2022/2023, students must (within the relative deadlines):
- request the ISEE for benefits for the right to education;
- complete and submit the benefits application from your reserved area;
- enrol for the a.y. 2022/2023 paying the first instalment within the deadlines;
- meet the requirements of merit, where required;
- not hold an academic qualification of the same level as that awarded for the course they have enrolled on.
ISEE for University financial aid
The ISEE indicator is a tool assessing the effective income and asset situation of anyone requesting financial aid, and is obtained by combining and assessing three factors: income, assets and the composition of the household.
ISEE certification is required to apply for every kind of university financial aid. You do not need to send your ISEE certification to the University, which imports it from the INPS database automatically by the 48 hours subsequent to the submission of benefits application.
Please be aware that the ISEE certificate will not be imported in the following cases:
- when it does not apply to the benefits for the right to education for the applicant in question;
- the certification was submitted after the deadline;
- when it has omissions/non-conformities flagged by the Revenue Agency, indicated on the certificate and not resolved within the deadlines;
- where it is not valid for the academic year of reference of the application (e.g. ISEE 2022 for a.y. 2022/2023);
Please note that the ISEE certificate will not be considered in the following cases:
- you do not meet the minimum merit requirements required to apply for financial aid;
- you have not filled and submitted your online benefits application;
- you enrolled in the academic year after the deadlines;
- you already hold a university diploma of the same level as that awarded for the course you have enrolled in.
Students who apply for economic subsidies are part of their households (same ISEE of their parents) unless the following conditions apply:
- Students who have been residing outside of their family home for at least two years before the issue of their Single Substitute Declaration (DSU) in a house that does not belong to a member of their households;
- Declared income as employees or similar incomes, which they receive from at least two years and not lower than EUR 9,000.00, for a single-member household.
How to request ISEE certification and financial aid ISEE certification
Italian students residing in Italy or financially independent International students residing in Italy
If you are an Italian national or financially independent non-Italian national residing in Italy, you must request your ISEE for financial aid by compiling the DSU self-certification form concerning the composition of your household and the income and asset situation of each member of the household.
If you are an Extra-EU citizen residing in Italy, you can request ISEE certificate valid for the benefits for the right to education only if you have the requirements to get the equivalence status with Italian/EU citizens.
You can either request it by filling in the form in the “online services” section of the INPS website or with the help of a CAF centre or professional tax consultant.
Should more than one student from the same household be applying for financial aid, certification must contain a note specifying that the ISEE applies to financial aid for each student concerned.
On average, ISEE certification is issued within 10 working days of DSU completion.
ISEE 2022 certificates must be requested (the date shown on the receipt of submission of the DSU) by:
- 3 October 2022 for the reduction of fees. The deadlines for the Regional Scholarship for Financial Aid and Generic Collaboration shall be indicated in the respective calls for application published in July 2022.
- 19 December 2022 exclusively for the reduction of fees. This deadline is subject to a penalty of €50, with the exception of students enrolled in the first year. The penalty is also applied to students who submit the application without eligibility for any benefits
A later deadline for requesting a reduction in fees of 31 March 2023 is applied only to students in their final year who withdraw the extraordinary session of the a.y. 2021/2022. The ISEE must be that of reference for the year in which the benefits were requested.
International students/Italian students residing abroad or residing in Italy but not financially independent and whose household resides abroad
If you are an Italian or non-Italian national residing abroad, you may request an ‘ISEE parificato’ (ISEE equivalent) used in cases where it is not possible to present an ISEE declaration. If you are a non-EU student the “ISEE parificato” will be taken into consideration only for applications to scholarships and student mobility (not for tuition fee reductions).
You should request an ‘ISEE parificato’ if you are:
- a non-Italian national resident abroad;
- non-Italian national residing in Italy who is not financially independent;
- Italian national resident abroad;
- Italian national risiding in Italy not financially independent with parents resident abroad.
To obtain the equivalent ISEE, students should book an appointment at the CAF (tax office) licensed with Ca’ Foscari University, starting from July 2022 (the service is free of charge):
- Venice headquarters, Fondamenta del Gaffaro 3536; tel. 041/5491188
- Mestre headquarters, via Ca’ Marcello 10; tel. 041/5491100.
Any equivalent ISEE issued by a CAF other than those enlisted, will be not considered.
You must go to your appointment at the aforementioned CAF offices with all the required documents to request the issuance of the "ISEE parificato".
The ISEE equivalent will be calculated on the basis of your income and assets abroad and will be automatically sent to Ca' Foscari by the CAF offices.
Equivalent ISEEs issued by Tax Support Centres (CAFs) other than those covered by the convention will not be considered.
If you are abroad, waiting for a visa, and are therefore unable to go personally, you must send an email, in any case within the deadlines, with the subject header displaying your surname and name (specifying if it is the first email, should it be necessary to send more than one) to the address firstname.lastname@example.org
The email must include the following attachments in PDF format:
- the 2022 ISEE equivalent application completed in digital format and signed in original;
- the documents required for calculating the ISEE.
After forwarding via email, the original copies of the 2022 ISEE equivalent application and the documents for ISEE calculation must be delivered by appointment to the CAF tax support offices which have agreements with the University.
How to carry out your benefits application
In addition to submitting ISEE certification, in order to apply for benefits for the right to education, such as reduction in fees, scholarships, collaborations, you must complete and submit the benefits application online in your reserved area, with which you grant the university the mandate to receive from INPS all the information included in the ISEE certificate.
Moreover, students should enroll in 2022/2023 academic year by paying the first installment as established by the relevant administrative provisions and calls.
Benefits application shall be available starting from August 2022 in your reserved area (if you are not enrolled yet you can use the following link https://esse3.unive.it/auth/Autocertificazioni/Autocertificazione.do) and by:
- 3 October 2022 for the reduction of fees. The deadlines for the Regional Scholarship for Student Financial aid and Generic Collaboration shall be indicated in the respective calls for application published in July 2020;
- 19 December 2022 exclusively for the reduction of fees. This deadline is subject to a penalty of €50, with the exception of students enrolled in the first year.
The penalty is also applied for students who submit the application without eligibility for any benefits.
A later deadline for requesting a reduction of tuition fees (31 March 2023) is applied only to students in their final year who withdraw from the extraordinary session of the A.Y. 2021/2022. The ISEE must be that of reference for the year in which the benefits were requested.
Submission and verification
If you are not yet enrolled but you have already been student at this University, you will find the benefits application in your reserved area.
After completing the form you must confirm your request for it to be considered valid, thus completing the electronic submission of the request.
The IT system will issue a receipt that will also be sent via email to your university email address (email@example.com) and which must be kept as proof of submission.
Please note: You can check yourself whether you have successfully submitted the benefits application and whether your ISEE has been imported by clicking on “benefits application summary”.
If you have submitted the benefits application and received the ISEE calculated by INPS and you do not see confirmation in your reserved area, please open a support ticket.
The university is required by law to carry out random checks to confirm the truthfulness and accuracy of the information submitted in self-certification. Making a false statement is not only a criminal offence but will lead to administrative penalties being applied.
Last update: 14/09/2022